Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Life in the fast lane...

So, we've been losing weight and with $10,000 on the line... we're kicking it into over-drive. We're waving goodbye to crazy numbers on the scale and flabbiness, and moving full-speed ahead in the fast lane.


Being on a team has added a tremendous amount of pressure to lose weight. Of course, the money adds pressure, too. But seeing our teammates lose weight, has helped put us in check and be responsible for our own weightloss. Each week we fail to lose, we not only disappoint ourselves but also our team. PAUSE.

Brief Intermission: I am by no means encouraging anyone to be unhealthy or to lose so much weight that it puts them at risk for complications. This is a competition, which in its nature is designed to use these pressures to help people lose weight. Sure there will be times when we don't do as well as we'd like and we will probably feel some sort of guilt. The competition is designed to turn that negative emotion into a positive by leveraging the team for encouragement to do better the following week. 

Good new... I finally (did I say, finally?) FINALLY reached my 5% according to Weight Watchers. As most of you know, I hit a plateau for about a year after losing 30 pounds. So I've been wading in the same 240s for almost a year now. Thankfully the competition has pushed me back on track, and this week I'm down a full 40 lbs from the start of my journey 2 years ago!!


Courtney dealt with the sickness that's been going around, but still managed to lose weight this week. We are very proud of our success and still have lots of motivation and momentum to carry us through. Cue Rocky music... (not sure why, but it's been stuck in my head all week).


This week:
  • TRACKING POINTS
  • Running 3 times, Walking on "non-running" days
  • BodyPump atleast once, preferably twice

For a little added inspiration this week... http://youtu.be/TnqZl_blT7E.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment