Thursday, September 1, 2011

Women's Only Running Clinic

Hello everyone! We are now halfway through the Women's Running Clinic with the Greensboro Running Club. I can't believe I have actually made it this far! I guess it goes to show that I am determined to take on a new activity which so far I have really enjoyed! Planning the wedding, which is 44 days away (who is really counting? LOL), has been extremely stressful. Running 3 days a week (sometimes 4) has been a HUGE stress reliver. Some of my friends who are avid runners have always told me it was the biggest way to relieve any stress, but I always thought they were crazy. Playing sports, we'd have run poles or run laps when we didn't do something correctly, so I always thought of it as punishment. It's funny because our high school track team had a t-shirt that said: "Our sport is your sport's punishment." That always stuck with me... until the past few months.

The clinic hasn't been easy for me, but now that I am 6 weeks in I can see the difference in what I was a week 1 or 2. I couldn't run 1 minute straight for anything in this world when I started this, now I'm up to running 5 minutes and walking 3 minutes and never really hurting until about the 4:30 mark. Last week, I was running an 8 minute pace for about 4 minutes and I was thrilled. I've kept that in my mind the past week... that I can do it, because I WAS doing it (even though it didn't last the entire training session).

No comments:

Post a Comment