Wednesday, August 24, 2011

To Track or Not to Track

... that is the question!

I've been "on and off" tracking. In the past I tried Weight Watchers with my mom, but found that it caused me to obsess about food. Even though WW prides itself on allowing you to eat whatever you want, you still have to make smart choices and fit everything into your daily point's allowance. Well, there was my problem. I constantly thought about food and looked at everything in "points values". I had tons of cravings (because I was always thinking about food) and would splurge knowing I had "extra" weekly points that could compensate. Needless to say, I fell off WW at that time and vowed never to do it again.


 
Then, Jennifer Hudson came along making it look so wonderful. Oh, and you can eat all the fruits and veggies you want without having to count them at all! When we first started in May, I was so excited about the WW app on my phone, I tracked everything. Weight loss looked like a carefully calculated science, and I was able to have fun with it. But of course, I got lazy with tracking and the weight loss slowed down.


Last week at the meeting, I was disappointed with my 1 lb loss and decided to try tracking again. Over the last week, I tracked everything (minus the weekend, but I had pretty much all of my weekly allowance to cover any overages). I got "smiley faces" for almost all of my healthy guidelines every day and the weight just dropped off. When I weighed in today, I had lost 4.4 lbs over the week!


So for now... I think I'll track.

No comments:

Post a Comment