Monday, May 16, 2011

Just Say No

I thought all of the excitement of the new journey and blog would carry me through a little longer, but frustration is already starting to take it's toll. Losing weight is definitely a battle and determination is the key.

"The difference between the impossible and the possible
lies in a person's determination."
-Tommy Lasorda

Of course I checked the scale this morning to see how my weekend was, and what do you know... I gained (1.6lbs). I blame it on the amazing food at camp: cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, lemon blueberry muffins (who knew they made such an amazing combination muffin), apple cobbler, and did I mention S'MORES!! My thoughts while eating this weekend... "I'm hiking through the woods, surely I'm burning more calories than usual and can eat a few more goodies." However, I think I overused this excuse for every enticing food I saw. Sure it's okay to indulge every now and then, but I've got to get better at saying "NO" to the flavorful fatty foods.


Saying "NO" may be my hardest battle yet. If my friends are going out, it gets even harder. I mean honestly, do I really want to eat my salad while I watch you grub on a plate of cheesy Mexican goodness? Of course not. So far, my strategy is to start saying "NO" to smaller decisions. This means I say no to things like sodas, cheese, and mayonaise. I'm building my strength up to saying no to the larger things like cheesecake, fried bananas and fried icecream (darn you, sweet Vietnamese restaurant), french fries, and Chick-fil-a sauce.


In the sweet words of Coldplay, nobody said it'd be easy... but I have to start somewhere and keep on trucking. These are just stepping stones to a skinny-mini-me in the future.

3 comments:

  1. I concur with this one... Our numbers will be small this week since we BOTH were bad this weekend... and then adding on the non-existence of exercise with our hectic lives. :( BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay ladies, instead of indulging in ALL of those treats, why not just pick one? And have just a few bites instead of the whole thing. Remember, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." Just keep repeating this.... Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is only a set back to be set up to be a thinner you!! If you fall, just brush yourself off & get up. Failure is not a option ladies!!! I tell myself this often.

    ReplyDelete