Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 1: Lauren

Lauren here, ready to check-in. This entry may need some encouraging comments, because it's probably the hardest to post.

About Me: There has never been a point in my life, when I haven't been considered overweight. (Ok, maybe when I was born and the first couple of years of life.) Throughout school, I was always the chubby one. Luckily, I've always had a good personality to carry me through. Although I love my body and hate to lose my curves, I've reached a point in my life when my health has to come first. I currently do not have any health issues and I'd like to keep it that way. Doing the Biggest Loser competition, I managed to lose and keep off 30lbs, so I'm hoping this is the jumpstart I needed to break through this plateau.




My Goal: This may sound silly, but my goal is to be wearing a pair of heels to Courtney's wedding. I've always felt too heavy for heels and never actually learned to walk in them, but by October I will have toned legs and be ready to show them off. My weight loss goal is 45lbs, that's roughly 2lbs/week.



My Numbers: Now for the scary part... (these are real numbers and I realize I am sharing this with family, friends, and co-workers). Please understand this takes an immense amount of courage and I hope to NEVER see these numbers again.


Weight - 251.7

Chest - 45

Waist - 43.5

Hips - 54.5

Right Arm - 13

Left Arm - 14

Right Thigh - 24

Left Thigh - 22.5


I don't have a good example of what I'd like to look like, because I haven't been there yet, but here's the chubby face I don't want to see again.


9 comments:

  1. Lauren, you ROCK!!! I can't wait to go shopping with you for those sexy stilletos!!! And I'm so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Get it WORK OUT BUDDY! Now lets go walk some... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lauren, you are such a blessing to SO MANY people. i am excited about this step of courage you are taking b/c i know that the highs AND lows of this experience will allow you to bless those you meet for years (and years!) to come! here's to your health dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, your positive attitude and kind heart have been an inspiration to me since we've met. I know that you can accomplish ANYTHING so I am looking forward to celebrating your success! You will be rockin' those heels come October!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited you have been given this opportunity. What a wonderful blessing to have the support tools, staff expertise, and various outlets MCHS has given you! I am so excited to start supporting you in all you do and see your life change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So proud of you --- you are so brave and beautiful. We are behind u all the way girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren, so proud of you Lala!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, gosh, I think you're lovely! Truly! This is soooooo awesome that you are doing this. I've often wished I had a nearby friend to go work out with me to keep me accountable and make me do it when I don't want to do it anymore.

    Good for you! What an awesome challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laren! I am so excited for you to go through this process. May God give you strength as you battle through this for the next few months. You are such a blessing to have around and I am excited to cheer you on throughout the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete