Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 1: Courtney

Hey! It's Courtney-- my first post on this cute little bloggy that we have setup for your enjoyment and encouragement and for Lauren and I to vent our frustrations and celebrate our accomplishments over the next 5-6 months.

Here is a little about me: I've struggled with my weight my entire life and I have been up and down the scale in the past year. I can say now, I've topped the scales. Last spring I lost 18 pounds in the Biggest Loser Competition here at MCHS. I thought then that was the beginning of the end. Apparently it wasn't. I got engaged soon after the competition and here came all of the celebrations. Now, I'm getting married in 5 months and I've gained 20 pounds since I picked up my wedding dress last October. I've lost all will power and al of the celebrations that have come along with the engagement has gotten the best of me. I HAVE to get my butt in gear. I can't look frumpy and fat in my wedding pictures, I paid too much for them. I HAVE to get into the best shape and healties I have been in. Well, I can't say the best shape and healthiest I have EVER been, because that is a big lie. I was very athletic growing up. I played softball and I danced since the age of 4. I never was the smallest girl out there, but I was always okay with that because I could keep up with the smallest ones out there. Now, I can't keep up as much as I push my self... and I HATE IT! I realize now that if I don't get it off, I'm going to have to take extreme measures to get it off later in life.

My Vow: TO EXERCISE MY BUTT OFF!! I'm a very physical person and not very motiviated by diets. I know it's a HUGE part of the "weight loss formula," but for right now, I just want to focus on getting more physical. I know that once I get the physical activity part down, I'll get the nutrition part down. I hate going to the gym feeling sick because I just ate a cheesburger on my way there. I'll get it down pat, I just have to take it slowly.

My numbers: This is a HUGE deal for me to publicly post all of my numbers to the world.

AS OF 5/4/2011:
Weight: 275.6
Chest/Bust: 51.5 inches
Waist: 47 inches
Hips: 57.5 inches
Right Arm: 16 inches
Left Arm: 16 inches
Right Thigh: 27 inches (that is ham for a week)
Left Thigh: 26 inches

I PROMISE TO NEVER SEE THOSE NUMBERS... EVER.. AGAIN!


This picture of me in high school will be my driving force for this journey over the next 6 months. I obviously want to look a little bit better than this, but this will be my goal.


This week's exercise plan:

Tuesday & Thursday: Body Pump @ 12:15

Wed & Friday: Cardio on my own

12 comments:

  1. I'm super excited about your weight loss journey and will be here to offer support every step of the way! YOU GOT THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU'RE THE BEST BECCA!! And thanks for kicking my rear in Body Pump today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day of BodyPump down... and I still feel like a Jell-O jiggler. So sore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, you are always on the go, so motivated and committed to all of the projects in your life. I know you can make this happen too! Chris will have a beautiful bride walking down the aisle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so awesome, and just think -- this is nothing compared to the work you are going to do for your marriage! :) j/k --- you will rock this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ya'll! We're excited to get this moving :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I said to Lauren, I am EXCEPTIONALLY proud of you and IMPRESSED with your courage to take on this challenge and put it out there to inspire all of us. I am going to commit to doing the 5K with you and Lauren and i have not been running for 34 years. Talk about feeling like an old lady! Thank you Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY Beckie! I'm excited. Hopefully we'll be cleared to run! I don't care if I'm not... I'm still doing this, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go Courtney! I know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks guys!! Anyone else wanting to run the 5k on October 1... bring it on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU BOTH ARE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS AND WILL ACCOMPLISH WHATEVER YOU SET OUT TO DO!! BEST OF LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete